Some rare mornings I wake up and don’t particularly feel like eating a bowl of warm oats, my usual solution to this is frozen banana nice-cream, or if I am extra prepared for it, overnight oats. These overnight oats remind me of the rice pudding I used to eat as a child; they’re thick and creamy, and with the addition of coconut and mango are a little ray of sunshine on a gloomy Melbourne winter’s morning.
Ingredients (serves 1)
- ½ cup rolled oats
- ¾ cup unsweetened soy milk
- 1 tbs chia seeds
- ½ tbs pure maple syrup
- ½ cup frozen mango pieces
- 1 tbs coconut flakes
- The night prior to consuming – combine rolled oats, soy milk, chia seeds, and maple syrup, and coconut flakes in a bowl and whisk together thoroughly with a fork
- Pour the mixture into a sealed container and refrigerate overnight (or at least 5 hours)
- Scoop your serving into a bowl top with mango, extra coconut flakes, and whatever other fruit, nuts, or seeds you like!